This recipe is not only loaded with fiber and protein AND really fantastic for your body, but it literally takes less than 5 minutes to make. Once you drain and rinse the corn and beans, you're 98% dressed to impress. Next time you're invited to a party or 4th of July BBQ, forget the cheesy taco dip and opt for this healthy, body-loving, brain-boosting 5 minute Fiesta Dip!
1 can Trader Joe's black beans
1 can Trader Joe's yellow corn
1 16 oz. jar of Trader Joe's chunky salsa (you pick your spice level)
1 large OR 2 small ripe avocados
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 bag of Organic Quinoa Chips from Trader Joe’s (these are my FAVORITE!) or any gluten-free tortilla chip of choice
1) Drain and rinse both the beans and corn under cold water and place into a large mixing bowl.
2) Pour entire jar of salsa over the rinsed beans and corn and mix until well combined. No need to add additional salt as these three ingredients come salted and ready to go!
3) Cut the avocado into halves, remove pit, and slice each half into cubed pieces.
4) Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado to release the cubes into the mix. Delicately mix into the bean/corn/salsa mixture taking care not to mash the avocado.
NOTE: I usually add the avocado a few minutes before serving so they don’t oxidize and turn brown. Feel free to make everything the day before or the morning of and add the avocado before you leave for the party.
5) With your hands, tear the cilantro into smaller pieces and incorporate into salsa. Sprinkle a bit more on top right before serving.
6) Enjoy alone or with your favorite tortilla chips!