2 cups coconut chips (unsalted, large flake is what I used)
1.5 tbsp low sodium tamari
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp maple syrup (the real kind!!!)
1 tsp liquid smoke (I found it at Whole Foods)
Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix together gently the coconut chips and all other ingredients in large bowl until coconut flakes are nicely coated.
3. Spread evenly on non-stick baking sheet (layer with parchment paper if not non-stick). Bake at 325 for 7 minutes, then stir and rotate pan in oven. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until coconut is crispy and golden brown. Be careful not to burn the flakes at the end of cooking.
4. Cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add 'bacon' to salads, soups, avocado toast, loaded baked potatoes, omelettes, sandwiches, wraps or just eat as a savory snack.
***This recipe is 100% vegan, gluten-free and GOOD for you.